IT-CLASS VIRTUALIZATION PLATFORMS WERE NOT DESIGNED FOR THE RIGOROUS DEMANDS OF A TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORK
Wind River® Titanium Cloud™ solves that problem by providing an application-ready software platform that runs virtual functions with high reliability and is built to support the intensive performance, reliability, and security requirements of the world’s most demanding communications networks.
- Operational Efficiency: Cost-effective installation, operations, and maintenance of virtualized critical infrastructure. Simple, reliable, and predictable.
- Performance: Enabling edge computing use cases with ultra-low latency.
- Reliability: Keeping your services and systems up—always.
- Open-source: 100%
A Better Network with Open Source, from Edge to Core
Titanium Cloud is a proven virtualization software platform optimized for high reliability, low latency, security and ease of management. This made it perfect as seed code for the OpenStack project, StarlingX
Why is edge cloud computing so important?
5G is driving the need for flexible cloud-based infrastructure and orchestration solutions to allow for dynamic placement of functions–where and when they are needed. This is why we’ve been working with industry leaders BT, Akamai, and Athonet on an edge cloud computing project to demonstrate the capabilities of an edge cloud on use cases such as remote driving, collision avoidance, and AR/VR applications.
TITANIUM CLOUD FEATURED CUSTOMERS
Reduced TCO, Increased ROI
- High efficiency, allowing more virtual services to be run with less hardware
- Simplified installation to get networks running in minutes instead of days
- High availability, reducing the risk of SLA penalties
- Proven integrated solution to get new services to market faster
Cost-Effective Installations, Operations, and Maintenance
- Single image installation that can have the system running in 20 minutes
- Complete visibility into the state of your network with open APIs for custom views
- Hitless updates to keep the system current with no downtime
Open and Scalable
- Based on OpenStack StarlingX open source edge cloud project
- Scalable from a single node up to hundreds of nodes
- Open APIs for provisioning and management
- Enabling thousands of virtual machines
Rich Ecosystem of Hardware, Orchestration Software, and VNFs
- Validated on standard off-the-shelf servers from leading suppliers
- Validated with multiple existing virtual network functions (VNFs)
- Open and flexible environment to enable third-party software
- Fully integrated carrier-grade security
- UEFI secure boot, cryptographically signed images, security groups, static ACL filters, vTPM, and more
- Fast, secure virtual machine failover (50-100x faster than IT virtualization)
Peerless "Six Nines" Reliability with as Few as Two Nodes
- Ultra-high availability and reliability throughout the software stack
- 99.9999% uptime guaranteed
- Less than 30 seconds of annual downtime
- Fast, secure virtual machine failover (50–100x faster than IT virtualization)
Learn how Wind River can help you create the next generation of systems and devices.CONTACT US
Market-Ready Solutions, Optimized and Interoperable
Through the Titanium Cloud Ecosystem, Wind River partners with industry-leading hardware and software companies to ensure the availability of a rich set of validated end-to-end solutions optimized for deployment with the Titanium Cloud family of virtualization platforms.
Wind River Titanium Cloud
Get an overview of the features and benefits of Titanium Cloud solutions for the telecommunications market.
Multi-vendor 5G Solution Brief
Low latency, orchestrated edge solution from Amdocs, Intel, Mavenir, Radisys, and Wind River
Titanium Cloud Security
Titanium Cloud provides broad and deep security for critical infrastructure applications. Read this paper to learn how.
Wind River Communications Network Solutions
Learn how Wind River can help you benefit from network transformation.
vRAN: The Next Step in Network Transformation
An end-to-end vRAN solution can help CSPs achieve 5G benefits in a 4G network. Find out how.
Flexibility, Performance, and Reliability for Managed Business Services
A Complete Enterprise vCPE Solution from Wind River, Versa Networks, and Dell EMC
Live Migration with Altiostar vRAN
Watch how Titanium Cloud can migrate a compute host with no interruption to a video stream.
Telco Virtualization Essentials: Interoperability
This video provides some specific points about openness and interoperability in regards to our network virtualization software portfolio, Titanium Cloud.
Telco Virtualization Essentials: ROI and TCO
In this tutorial, we’ll review some of the key performance indicators (KPIs) to consider when selecting a platform for your network virtualization.
Titanium Cloud Ecosystem Explainer
Wind River Titanium Cloud Ecosystem: Market-Ready NFV Solutions—Optimized and Interoperable.
Enabling MEC as a new Telco Business Opportunity
Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC) solutions help you win at the network edge. Find out why and how.
In this document we answer the question, "Why Titanium Cloud?" in one page.
Wind River Titanium Control
Get an overview of the features and benefits of Titanium Control.
Cost of Downtime
This video shows the cost of network downtime from using enterprise-grade, “best effort” infrastructure rather than carrier grade equipment.
OpenStack NFVI with Enhanced Platform Awareness
Learn how you can optimize workload placement and ensure high availability with EPA and Titanium Cloud.
COMMITMENT TO OPEN SOURCE AND OPEN STANDARDS
Wind River is an active participant and leader in critical industry standards and open source initiatives for building critical infrastructure.